Saturday, March 24, 2007

Prayer Request

The young man who plays the Tar Heels's mascot, Jason Ray, was struck by a vehicle yesterday and is currently in critical condition. What little information that has trickled out about his condition is not encouraging, yet as of 2:00pm, News 14 reported that he was still in critical condition.

This guy is a good friend of my brother. I have spent substantial time with him in Intervarsity and the business school as well. I believe that God can heal him, and I think he will. I refuse to give up hope.

Accordingly, I'm asking anyone who reads this to pray for him. In Philippians, Paul writes that his friend Epaphroditus "was sick to the point of death, but God had mercy on him, and not on him only but also on me, so that I would not have sorrow upon sorrow." Jason has a lot of love for Lord and to die would be his gain. Yet, like Paul, I pray for healing for him, that he may have mercy on him and on us.

Please join with me.

No comments: