Monday, June 18, 2007

Grounded

I hate flying. Flying requires one of two things:

1) great science

OR

2) great faith

I remain an English nerd who constantly struggles with unbelief.

So when the captain of our tiny commuter plane said that Madison was currently experiencing 15 MPH winds with gusts up to 25 MPH and storms within a 30 mile radius of the city, I began to sweat. Small plane. Big weather. Despite the floor air conditioner which pummeled my sandaled feet to ice blocks, I began to sweat.

After a 40 minute ride, we hit the ground with only minor turbulence. Though I now smell like I just ran a half marathon, I have returned to land safely. Being grounded never felt this good.

Isaiah writes that "even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary."

Father, I desire to place my hope in you, that you might renew my strength. But if it's all the same to you, I'd prefer to run and not grow weary, thank you very much.

No comments: